Home > New Mexico Resident > About TCSFP > Who We Are
Summary of Experience and Education:Thomas C. Schwab is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional and the founding member/manager of T.C. Schwab Financial Planning, LLC, an hourly fee-only Financial Planning and Registered Investment Advisory firm located in Santa Fe, NM. At all times when providing Financial Advice to a Client, a CFP® professional must act as a fiduciary, and therefore, act in the best interests of the Client.
Memberships and Affiliations:
Financial Planning Association
Past President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Santa Fe Estate Planning Council
Former member of the Santa Fe Community College Foundation Board of Directors
Former member of the Santa Fe Community College Foundation Finance Committee
Summary of Experience and Education:
- Registered Investment Adviser, State of New Mexico
- Experienced financial consultant since 2001.
- Completed the Boston University Certificate Program in Financial Planning in 2004.
- Received in 2005 the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation from the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc after satisfying the CFP® Board of Standard’s requirements for Education, Examination, Experience, and Ethics.
- Prior seasonal part-time tax preparation work for several CPA firms and H&R Block over 6 tax seasons.
- 15 year successful business career including extensive management experience.
- Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD), University of Denver. Provided psychological services in numerous settings including Harvard Medical School affiliates and The National Jewish Hospital & National Asthma Center in Denver, CO.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Tufts University in Medford, MA